12 October, 2013

435 Sideways Wrap

I had a beautiful skein of JulieSpins 435 Silky (50% merino/50% silk) in the Great Lakes colourway and wanted to use every bit of it on a wrap.


I had previously used my gram scale and notes on sideways shawl construction a few months ago to knit up a similar wrap.   So I decided to write it up this time and offer it as a free ravelry download:  available here. 


The edging is knit on as you go.  The wrap begins with a 7-stitch cast on and slowly increases to the center section. The center is worked in short rows to create a gentle curve around the neckline.


Mirrored decreases take you to the other end with a 7-stitch bind off.
The finished, wet blocked measurements are 8-1/2” at widest point by 82” span.  Plenty long for wrap-wrap-wrapping, sontag tie or longish scarf.


Once you’ve knit the pattern through, you’ll see that there are many ways to modify it.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Love it.

bunnits said...

Very nice. And I love the colorway

Stripeyspots said...

I love it! What a great way to use a beloved skein!