18 June, 2013

process-oriented; product incidental

Visual journaling is providing a lovely outlet this summer through which peace and contentment drift into my heart.  And that's both pleasant and welcomed.

I'm re-reading The Chronicles of Narnia.  Yet again.  Slowly.  Savoring the images.  Considering the allusions.  C.S. Lewis' description of creation song in The Magician's Nephew was one such  place where I delighted to linger.


trace
water
words
(click on picture for close-up)
"Narnia, Narnia, Narnia, awake.  Love.  Think.  Speak.  Be walking trees.  Be talking beasts.  Be divine waters."

"There is no other stream," said the Lion (The Silver Chair.)

Ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

2 comments:

Stripeyspots said...

I love those books. And think of them often. I'm often surprised by how angry people are at their allergorical nature. I can understand not appreciating the christianity of it, but can't really understand the anger.

Robin said...

My (albeit simplistic) thought is that, when coming face to faith with Truth, there is the Digory response and there is the Uncle Andrew response.